QPR’s former Tottenham midfielder Luke Amos will miss the rest of the season with another long-term knee injury.
Amos, who was allowed to leave Spurs by Jose Mourinho during the summer, limped off during the second half of Saturday’s 0-0 draw at Bournemouth.
And a scan has confirmed another anterior cruciate ligament tear.
Amos spent the best part of a year on the sidelines with a similar knee injury prior to joining QPR from Tottenham.
He suffered anterior cruciate ligament damage during an Under-23s game weeks after making his first-team debut for Spurs.
QPR’s Head of Medical Services Dr. Imtiaz Ahmad told the club website: “Unfortunately the results of the scan are what we feared – Luke has ruptured his ACL in his right knee.
“Luke suffered a similar injury two years ago to his left knee before he joined us, so he is fully aware of what is required to make a successful return.
“Recovery times for these injuries can vary between seven to nine months.
“Unfortunately with that timescale in mind, it is unlikely Luke will feature again this season.”
Amos spent last season on loan with the R’s and signed a permanent deal during the summer.
He appeared to have rebuilt his fitness and form and another setback would be a huge blow for Amos.
Speaking to Tottenham’s website last year, Amos talked about how tough his long-term injury had been emotionally.
“When you go through a nine-month injury, you are angry about so many things,” he said.
“I know it’s part of football. It is what it is. I have to make sure I’m working the hardest I’ve ever worked to get back to where I was and then push on again.
“People always say ‘you’ll come back stronger’ and at the start, I thought ‘yes, I will’ but when you get into it, you really understand that sentiment. I’m pushing myself mentally and physically every day.
“It’s literally blood, sweat and tears. I’ve had cries in the gym. Mentally, it’s like a battle daily.”