Barcelona are said to have made Hakim Ziyech their ‘plan B’ if the club cannot sign Manchester City forward Ferran Torres in January.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Barcelona have agreed personal terms with Torres but are yet to agree a fee with City, meaning the Spanish giants could instead turn their attentions to Ziyech.
The Premier League leaders are said to be holding out for 60 million euros, with Barca having bid 50 million euros for Torres.
Ziyech joined the Blues in the summer of 2020 but has often found game time difficult to come by given the competition for a first-team place in the squad, with Mason Mount, Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Callum Hudson-Odoi and Christian Pulisic all vying for an attacking spot.
The Moroccan featured just 23 times in the Premier League following his move from Ajax last season and has played 19 games in all competitions this season, scoring three times.
Bild have reported that Borussia Dortmund would like to sign the winger in January and he has also previously been linked with Italian clubs Napoli and AC Milan.
Ziyech seems unlikely to feature in Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final against Brentford after picking up a knock during Sunday’s 0-0 draw at Wolves.