Sun say Monaco plan to offer £45m for Sanchez

Embed from Getty Images

Monaco plan to offer Arsenal £45m for Alexis Sanchez, The Sun say.

It is claimed that Monaco are willing to pay Sanchez £300,000 a week and believe he will be tempted by the Monte Carlo lifestyle.

It comes amid continued speculation over the future of the Chilean forward – and after Arsene Wenger again insisted that Sanchez will stay.

Sanchez returned to training this week as reports continued to link him with the likes of Manchester City and Paris St-Germain.

Speaking at a press conference on Thursday, Gunners boss Wenger reiterated that he expects Sanchez to stay this season and that the club will continue to seek to extend his contract.

“My decision is clear, he will stay. He will accept that,” Wenger said.

“The frame of mind of a footballer is quite easy – once you go out into the game, you focus on that.

“He needs to work on his fitness but he is sharp and looks like he has never been away.

“I think he will be here for this season. If we manage to do it for more seasons we will.”

But Wenger confirmed that Spanish striker Lucas Perez will be allowed to leave.

Perez has been unable to establish himself as a first-team regular since arriving last year from Deportivo La Coruna, who are reportedly keen to re-sign him.

“We have a congestion of strikers. I don’t want to lose him but too much competition is not competition any more,” said Wenger.

“If he finds a satisfying solution, at least for a short time, we will do it.”



Skip to toolbar