New boss Tuchel appears to rule out Chelsea signings

Boss Thomas Tuchel says he trusts the Chelsea squad and there is no need to being in more new faces before the end of the transfer window on 1 February.

Chelsea have spent heavily already this season, with with Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell, Hakim Ziyech and Edouard Mendy all arriving for big fees.


And Tuchel, who has replaced club legend Frank Lampard as head coach, has no plans to make wholesale changes.

“It is hard to judge for me right now because we have had one game and two training sessions,” Tuchel said at a news conference prior to Sunday’s Premier League game at home to Burnley.

“I am very happy with what I see so far – in both training and the game – with both the performance and the attitude and the talent and potential. The squad is not too big.

“N’Golo Kante came back today so we have 22 players plus the goalkeepers. Regarding our programme, with three competitions, that is not too much.

“The guys deserve to be trusted and I want to trust everybody. If a possibility comes along that we all agree on making us stronger right away we will not hesitate I am sure, but it is not like we have the absolutely need to do something.”




Skip to toolbar