Antonio Conte says he would be “happy” to work with his current squad if Chelsea do not make more new signings before the transfer window closes.
The Blues boss has made it clear he wants to add to his squad following a number of departures from Stamford Bridge.
There have been reports that Conte’s future at the club could be in doubt if new players are not brought in.
Speaking at a press conference on Friday, the Italian insisted his main focus is on working with his current players.
Asked how he would feel if new signings were not brought in, he said: “We have to continue to work. If the club is very good in the transfer market and gets new players I will be very happy.
“Otherwise, I have to continue to work with my players and am happy to work with these players I have.
“It’s very important for me to work with my players and continue to improve my team. For sure the club is working very hard to try to strengthen the squad.
“My focus is only on the pitch and the club is working very hard to try to strengthen our squad. We will see what happens at the end of the transfer window.”
Chelsea have been linked with Swansea striker Fernando Llorente but Conte refused to confirm he wants to sign the Spaniard, who previously played under him at Juventus.
“I don’t like to speak about players of other teams,” he said. “It is a lack of respect for the teams these players are playing for and for my players.”