Pochettino pleased with Sessegnon’s progress

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino believes Ryan Sessegnon is well on the way to finding his best form.

Sessegnon has endured a long recovery from a hamstring injury he suffered prior to his summer move to Tottenham from Fulham.

But he has been involved in recent matches and Pochettino says Spurs are working hard to help him rediscover his sharpness after such a long lay-off.

Speaking at a press conference on Friday afternoon, Pochettino said: “He is playing in the last two games, and started to be involved not only in the squad but playing some minutes.

“He suffered a big injury at Fulham at the end of last season and we are trying to so hard provide him with the best tools to be in his best form.

“Now we need time to be at his best but the way he is doing we are so happy and I think that is why he is involved with the team.”

Sessegnon’s return to action has led to an England Under-21 call-up for matches against Albania and the Netherlands.

Pochettino admits he would rather than youngster did not go on international duty but added that he understands that players want to play for their country.

Pochettino explained: “It is the same as I said about Lo Celso last week; I accept when the national team asks for your player, or calls your player.

“To be honest I prefer that the player should be here training with us and still be available to play 90 minutes.

“When you have two weeks to build his fitness and different things…but I accept that players love to work with their national team. Ryan is a very important player.”




Be the first to comment on "Pochettino pleased with Sessegnon’s progress"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*